The Technical Recruiter will identify, recruit, screen, and present good candidates for technology positions, collaborating with hiring managers to set realistic technical requirements.
● Collaborates with hiring managers to understand the needs and roles to be filled, reviews job descriptions for vacancies.
● Assists with the development and revision of specifications and job descriptions for selected positions.
● Identifies the most effective methods for recruiting and attracting candidates.
● Drafts recruitment advertisements: posts and/or places ads in the most effective digital and/or print media for open positions.
● Selects one or more placement agencies to assist with recruitment process.
● Identifies appropriate candidates and assesses their qualifications through a review of their resumes, interviews, and other forms of communications. Connects qualified candidates with hiring managers.
● Maintains contact with candidates to keep them apprised of the status of their applications.
● Vets potential employees’ credentials.
● Provides advice to hiring managers regarding salary negotiations with final candidates.
● Facilitates contacts by creating and maintaining a presence in the technical/industry community and marketplace.
● Attends job fairs and industry conferences; runs company booth at job fairs.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
● Thorough understanding of technology, technical roles, and technical skills.
● Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in related technical and/or human resources field required.
● At least three years of related recruiting experience required, with prior experience in technical roles a plus.
● Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential