Designation: Data Scientist
Experience: 4-5 Years
About Job Role:
The candidate is to bring in the implementation and usage of analytics tools for business analysis and decision-making. The candidate is to work closely with user departments and end-users to understand the reporting and dashboarding requirements and develop and support for the usage of analytical tools for key business reports, KPI monitoring using board, etc. Work as a data scientist to help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Candidates’ additional focus will be on applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high predictions on systems integrated with our systems. candidate shall design, develop, and manage analytics reporting in reporting tools like Power BI, SAP Fiori, and Tableau for different business functions.
Key responsibilities & technical skills:
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills:
• Analytical skills: Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to work across business lines to understand
internal stakeholder’s requirements on reporting and report development for
business analysis and decision making.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to be able to discuss the
requirements effectively with internal teams.
• Effective leadership skills: on team building, consensus building. To balance the
project and individual responsibilities and achieve goals through others who are not
directly under the supervision, by working ethically and with integrity.
• Demonstrate knowledge of employee-facing services such as personal and group
productivity tools, data discovery, intranets, knowledge management, social
networks, and technology support.
Education and Experience:
• Engineering degree from a reputed institute, MBA would be an added advantage.
• 4-5 years of strong experience in dashboarding and reporting tools like Power BI
• Experience in data analytics tools like R, Python
• Must have experience in data specific role as data scientist/data analyst
• Strong grip in data analytics and reporting
• Must have proven track record of handling analytics projects across different
• Certifications in Power BI will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of SAP Fiori development will be an added advantage
• Strong analytical, project management, and organizational skills
• Positive attitude, maturity to interact with multi-functional and leadership teams are
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritize under pressure.
• Support and drive changes and confront difficult circumstances in creative ways
Convergytics as a company believe in the creation of analytics or business solutions while keeping a focused view on how the solution will be consumed across business processes and having a framework for measuring the impact to correct for future actions. We also believe that a single source of data e.g., Point of Sales data is not the complete truth about a customer. We need to fuse data from multiple data sources to understand a customer completely. At Convergytics we have frameworks to fuse multiple data sources like POS, Web browsing data, promotion data, social media data and more at each stage of Creation, Consumption and Correction which not only helps to understand the customer better but drives sustainable decision making.